Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lip Treatments - OLE HENRIKSEN african red tea exfoliating lip salvation (HG)



What convinced me to buy this:

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Exfoliating Lip Salvation moisturizes, nourishes, and revitalizes the lips. This luxurious emollient is infused with antioxidant-rich red tea that delivers powerful protection, and conditioning extracts that replenish your pout, creating healthy, soft results.

The Institute for Science and Aging in Japan found that red tea has higher antioxidant levels than green or black tea. Antioxidants fight free-radical damage (which can cause premature aging), while the flavonol Quercetin increases capillary strength. Additionally, red tea is rich in minerals (such as iron, calcium, copper, and magnesium); has antiviral, antibacterial, and anticancer properties; heals skin irritations; and promotes smooth skin.



What it is formulated WITHOUT:
-Petrolatum
-Parabens
-Synthetic Dye
-Synthetic Fragrance
-Sulfates

No unhealthy and harmful chemicals - definitely a big plus! 



This contains micro beads that gently exfoliate the lips. :) Unlike normal lip scrubs, the micro beads would not feel rough nor irritate the lips. It softly exfoliates the lips while its on, without the hassle of having to keep a separate lip scrub. It sort of reminded me of the very expensive La Mer lip balm, this however does not have the cooling sensation of the latter has. It also does not cost as much, although it is more expensive than other lip balms. I would say, it's worth every cent I paid for it.
The scent is rather pleasant. It is not irritating nor strongly sweet smelling like some lip products are. This product gives a very subtle colour on the lips that just makes it seem healthier and more kissable. I have noticed that my lips haven't been as dry since I have started using this product.
I will repurchase if ever it runs out, and I'm halfway done as I write this post (or I might purchase the La Mer lip balm, if I have extra money to spare just to satisfy my curiousity about the product).

I have recently acquired the Lucas Papaw Ointment and I will review it as soon as I feel that I have tested it enough to give a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3