Friday, March 16, 2012

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Brush Travel Essentials

The Real Techniques is a makeup brush line by Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo. I am sure that most of you are familiar with her and her sister.  I was excited to try her brush set after seeing Youtubers using it on their tutorials.

Information on the box says: Travel Essentials provide everything you need to create flawless looks at home and away:
  • Look pixel perfect even in harsh light.
  • ultra plush taklon bristles.


The brush case doubles as a stand. Pretty neat, right?
  • The case seems durable. 
  • It has a velcro closure.
  • Contains several garterized slots and can house other brushes.


The set includes: (1) Multi-task Brush; (2) Domed shadow Brush; (3) Essential Foundation Brush; and (4) A Brush Case. 

  •  I have had these brushes for quite a while now. I have washed these again and again, and these do not bleed nor shed like other cheap brushes. The bristles are soft although I have tried other brushes with softer bristles.
  • The handles are sturdy. These seem well made, while these are do not have substantial weight like other brushes do.
  • No weird smell even when these were new I never had a problem with how they smelled.
  • The brushes are cruelty free. YAY! Plus points. =)

Multi Task Brush
for effortless application of powder, blush and bronzer.

What I use the brush for - pigmented blushes, finishing powder and buffing.
Thoughts - I am not too fond of this brush. I do not find myself reaching for it at all. I find that it is not dense enough and does not pick up pigments well. It works well for buffing and I also use it sometimes for my finishing powder.

Essential Foundation Brush
build flawless custom coverage with liquid foundation and concealer.

What I use the brush for - Liquid highlighter, primer and cream products such as blushes and concealer.
Thoughts - I tried to use this for liquid foundation, I find that it can get a bit streaky. It might just be me, but I was not impressed by this brush. I wouldn't use it for my foundation. It does however work with cream products.


Domed shadow Brush
tapered design smoothly shades and defines eyes.

What I use the brush for - Concealer, liquid highlighter, eyeshadow, contouring.
Thoughts - This is my favorite among the 3 brushes in the kit. This makes blending easy be it concealer, eyeshadow or highlighter. I wouldn't use this to apply my eyeshadow though, I just use it for blending.

OVERAL: I have heard/read so many positive reviews on this set by Youtubers and bloggers alike.
Considering the price, this is still a nice set to have; It just did not live up to my expectations. I would recommend this for beginners or those who want a complete brush set who do not want to spend as much. It is still a decent set - it is a good set to take along when traveling for it can still address the needs for basic or on the go makeup, but if you may still want to take other brushes for your other makeup needs such as lining the eyes.  

This was sent to me by Jenny as a gift. Thank you Jennybee!
Pretty sis Apple asked me to review these brushes. Hope you find the review helpful sis!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3