Monday, December 12, 2011

benefit erase paste in No. 2 medium

I usually keep around one or two concealers to blend and address areas that need to be concealed. If you go to though my FOTDs, you will notice that I rarely use any on my face when I do makeup. I, however have been an insomniac for most of my life and lately my eyebags have started to bother me. So I went ahead and picked up a cult favorite. 

Erase Paste
What it is:
A brightening camouflage for the eyes and face.

What it does:
Benefit Erase Paste is a concentrated, creamy, blendable concealer that instantly brightens and camouflages all-in-one. It has an innovative formula which makes sure signs of stress and fatigue are a thing of the past. These three brightening neutral shades give every gal correction perfection.

What else you need to know:
Erase Paste includes a step-by-step concealing and brightening lesson and a handy little spatula. (source)




SRP  -1,400Php
(I bought mine from Sephora when they were on sale. ^_^)

Upon opening the box, you will see a leaflet with a tutorial on how to use the product on different areas of the face:
1. Under eye concealing & brightening for dark circles
Use spatula to scoop out a tiny amount.  Place the paste on the back of your hand.  With your ring finger,  
take erase paste and make a dot on the inner & outer corners of the eye.  Delicately blend by following the arrows above.  For complete under eye concealing, connect the dots.

2. Camouflage those shadowy areas from nose to corners of the lips.
Use the side of your finger to draw three “cat whisker” strokes in an up & outward motion across the shadowed grooves. Blend lightly in soft, upward strokes with your finger tips.
TIP: Run your fingertips under warm water to heat them up before blending.

3. “X” marks the spot to conceal 
spot imperfections.
For blemishes & spots of discoloration use the side of your finger to draw an “X” on top of the imperfection.  Pat & blend with your ring finger.
TIP: Apply 10% more erase paste than necessary  —by the time you get to where you’re going, you’ll look perfect.






It has its own spatula! Thank goodness! I don't have to worry about dipping my fingers in the pot. I would recommend cleaning the spatula before and after use.
You can also use cotton bud, a brush or your clean fingers to apply the product on.

Packaging is cute! It comes in a clear purple jar. While the jar may seem a bit small there's a lot of product inside.



Picture no. 1 is a swatch of the product. The texture is amazing - it is very creamy and easy to blend. 
Picture 2 - it matches my skin tone and brightened the area too. It also made the veins on the back of my hand less visible. Please note that I only used a tiny amount of the product. 

Thoughts:

- At first glance, I thought this wouldn't work for me as the product has a pink tone to it, but I was surprised at how well it blended on my with my skin which is warm with a yellow undertone.
- Don't be afraid of how thick the product is. Just apply it with your fingers or put a tiny amount at the back of your hand to warm the product up. 

PROS:
- Does not break me out.
- I like that it's very creamy and smooth. It has a buttery texture and is quite easy to blend.
- A little goes a long way.
- The color matches my skin (I'm around MAC NC30 for reference). 
- It covers skin imperfections - great for concealing eye bags and making the under eye area brighter.
- It can be layered and it doesn't cake on me.
- Excellent staying power. 
- Not drying, not wrinkly under the eye area but might crease with more problematic areas of the face. 
- PLUS: It works well as a lip primer. (No need to purchase a separate lip primer!)

CONS:
- It might be a bit expensive for some people. 

Benefit Philippines invites you to come to their opening on December 15, 2011!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3