Thursday, October 13, 2011

Update - I'm still here! + thoughts

Hello everyone. I apologize for going MIA without notice but the past week has been a really busy one. I do hope everyone is doing well because I haven't had a chance to visit your blogs yet.

---------------------—-------------------

This evening I saw several missed calls on my cellphone from our ex-driver. We had to let him go a couple or so months ago due to his recklessness and stubbornness. I already dreaded the thought of calling back... Something about unexpected phone calls makes me uneasy. I attribute it to the fact that I have learned about the passing away of close relatives through unexpected calls; also, for some strange reason people always call me upon learning about death/s in their family. (What the EFFff, right?!?) They call me when they're not themselves and bawling.. :/

When I called him back he told me he was working at some far away place and that his new born child got infected with some disease and that the baby just died. He said he had no one to talk to. He was crying while he told me that he never got to see the baby alive and was probably as drunk as hell because I couldn't understand half of what he was telling me but I tried to listen, because I didn't have much to say. One thing in learned when my brother died was that there are no right words to tell someone who just lost a loved one. Incase the person decides to talk to you, the best and only thing that you can do to help is to listen.
Like most people who have worked for my family, he's been with us for 10 years or more. Due to his problem with alcohol and drugs he's been with us on and off. But I knew he was saving up for the baby because I kept a certain portion of his salary for that purpose.

The infant died because of lack of medical attention; they didn't have money to pay the hospital bill. I wish he could have called me earlier but he was probably too confused and too worried. I did wonder how many infants die due to lack of money and medical attention though.
I told him to be strong for the rest of his family and to comfort his wife. I told him not to argue with her because they both just lost a child, but neither of them was at fault.I wish she wouldn't blame herself like one of my friends did years ago. Yes, I've had quite a few callers with similar cases. Sigh...
He kept apologizing for bothering me and kept saying he wanted to speak to someone who was rational and could help him clear his mind. Well, well lucky me!! I suppose that's a compliment but I'm I'm not so sure If I want to take more of those calls.

I hope I was somewhat able to help. I remember when my brother died last April people kept asking and I kept giving them blank stares. I did tell friends that he's gone and they should come if they wanted to but that's it.

Loosing a child is not easy. Especially to the parents who are looking forward to spending more time and watching him/her grow and get older.

I believe, all deaths are painful... Each in their own way, to the people who get left behind and mourn for reasons only they can answer. Yet, with every death comes peace for those who leave this life ,because they no longer feel the pain and burden of being alive.


I pray that the little one finds eternal peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3