Friday, August 5, 2011

F80 Flat Top Kabuki Review - FINALLY!

 From L-R F84 Slanted Top Kabuki, F80 Flat Top Kabuki and the F82 Round Top Kabuki.
I've had the brushes for months now. I do realize that I still owe everyone a review even though there are so many reviews about this brushes online and I will probably just be reiterating what others may have said but anyway here's what I think:

I received another F80 a while ago when I applied for the Sigma Affiliate Program. :) 

This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.


This is what it looks like when it's new. It comes with a brush guard.

L-R My New F80 and my old F80.

Please excuse my dirty brush,I do use it a lot. (Like everyday and every opportunity I get.) 

As you can see, there's not much of a difference between my old and new brush. So yes, the F80 is a durable brush. Mind you, I am not kidding when I say that I use my brush a lot. 

See how fluffy and dense my brushes are? 

I initially thought that the F82 would be my favorite among the three brushes but I was wrong. If I were to keep only one face brush this would definitely be it without 2nd thoughts.

I have used this with all kinds of foundations and would recommend that you use it for creams and liquids. It can be used for stippling and buffing makeup. :)

You might want to know why I love this brush so much? After all it should be the makeup and not the brush that makes a difference in the application of products. Before I bought this brush I have also used a lot of brushes and none of the brushes I have used is at par with this when it comes to giving a flawless finish. It glides effortlessly on the skin.
My skin is far from perfect and I believe this brush does help even out the foundation when I apply it on. Never had I encountered a problem with foundation caking on my face nor an uneven finish. It does not hurt my face either because the bristles are soft. 

PROS:
- Durable.
- Very dense.
- Bristles are soft and won't irritate the skin.
- Gives an airbrushes effect when properly used.

CONS:
- It takes a while to dry.
- Can only be bought online.
- It may take a while to clean the brush.
- Thanks Pammy for confirming this! The new brushes have brush guards that stick to the brushes and it's super hard to yank the brushes out. :/ (EDIT)

NEUTRAL:
- While this is cheaper than MAC it is still expensive compared to other brushes in the market. I am under the opinion that this is worth the money.

Overall I still love the brush! <3

Make me happy and click my Link for more information on Sigma brushes and other products. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3