Monday, May 2, 2011

Nature Republic Ice Jelly Primer - Cherry

Going through my backlog folder again.. :P Please bear with me.

The first Nature Republic product I tried!

Nature Republic's Ice Jelly Primer in Cherry
contains SPF 28 PA++

GREDIENTS: Water Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Butylene Glycol 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor Titanium Dioxide Glycerin PEG-240/HDI Copolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether Polysorbate 60 Glyceryl Stearate Cetearyl Alcohol Dimethicone PEG-100 Stearate Beeswax Tocopheryl Acetate Benzophenone-5 Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract Prunus Avium (Sweet Cherry) Fruit Extract Disodium EDTA Phenoxyethanol Caprylyl Glycol Ethylhexylglycerin 1,2-Hexanediol Chlorphenesin Fragrance Iron Oxides (CI 77491) Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

Opened.
Looks like pudding and isn't like any other primer you've ever seen right? It seems to have a shiny surface while most primers are just cream or gel and never form any shape on their own.

The consistency is not as smooth as I'd want my primers to be, I believe it is creamier to the touch and almost jelly like. While not as velvety as smashbox photofinish and the L'oreal base but it does provide a good base for makeup. 

I never dip my finger in this product. I used a spatula to poke it.

I left it overnight and....

TA-DAHHHHHH!!!!
Good as new! :P



PROS:
- Makes makeup last.
- Has high SPF and PA++. Perfect for summer!
- This can be worn alone as a sunscreen if you're lazy like I am. :P
- The cherry scent is so yummy!
- A little product goes a long way.
- Affordable. I believe I got mine for only Php300++ or around $7 or so. 
- Gives a brightening effect.
- Did not break me out.

CONS:
- Not locally available - can be only bought online in most countries.
- Not for germ-phobic persons as the primer is in a jar/tub.
- May accentuate fine lines and dry patches.

NEUTRAL:
- Somewhat helps conceal pores but I think the effect is only minimal as I've seen other primers do a better job.
- According to the test I conducted - this is waterproof. :P This means I have put tons of product on my arm and put it under running water and the product stayed on. It may be a bit hard to remove so use a good makeup remover.

I bought this product from bhappywithme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3