Sunday, February 6, 2011

Etude House Proof 10 Eyeshadow Primer vs. Urban Decay Primer Potion

Hello everyone! Today, I am going to try to compare two eye shadow primers. (And hope that I don't suck at it) 

I am going to assume that everyone is familiar with eyeshadow primers. These primers enhances eye shadow color and should make the E/S last longer. 
IMO, it also makes eye makeup application easier because E/S would be easier to build if there is an E/S primer underneath and it prevents creasing.


Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer and Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion 
UDPP's packaging is prettier. However, it is hard to tell how much product is inside whereas,  Etude House's Proof 10 eye primer's bottle is clear.
Applicator wands
I like UDPP's doe foot applicator better because the sponge is softer and more precise. :3
Etude House isn't bad, it is also easy to work with but I prefer longer wands. :)

Consistency/application
UDPP is thicker and easily dries fastly so, you have to blend it the moment you apply it to your lids. 
Etude House Proof 10 is a little bit more runny and is easier to blend. I think newbies would find this helpful because no one wants to see patches beneath their eye makeup, 

Swatches
Taken with flash photography. You can still see that some colors are shimmery & sparkly. :3
I thought the swatches looked terrible so I re-swatched. :)

As you can see from the pictures. They are quite similar although
I think EH is better with some colors while UDPP makes some colors really stand out.
Price: Etude House P10 is a lot cheaper but UDPP contains more product.

Lasting power
My lids aren't oily and both primers have lived up to my expectations and did not make my E/S crease nor fade. 

Packaging - EH Proof Ten < UDPP (I'm a sucker for pretty packaging ok?)
Application - EH Proof Ten < UDPP
Consistency - EH Proof Ten > UDPP
Staying Power - EH Proof Ten = UDPP
Price - EH Proof Ten > UDPP

It's a tie... =________=

Verdict:
Both are great E/S primers and perform well. If you want to splurge go for UDPP - it's a cult favorite after all. Every makeup junkie needs one in her stash but if you are concerned with your budget Etude House Proof 10 is also quite as good and is easier to acquire if you live in the Philippines. :)

I hope someone out there finds this comparison helpful. :3


xxx, 
Sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3