Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MAC to the Beach Collection Splashing Lip glass

Hi lovely ladies. :3

Recently, I picked up Splashing from MAC to the Beach Collection. I originally wanted Splashing Lip glass, Lazy Day Lipstick and Hipness blush. All the stocks were however sold out. :( All that was offered to me when I inquired whether the to the beach collection was available is the Beachbound lipstick which I wasn't too crazy about, because it was just too sheer and pale for me.

I then asked if the SA could look if they had any stocks other than Beachbound and she did. :3 She then presented Splashing Lipglass so I eagerly purchased it.

By the way, I bought it from Rustan's, Shangrilla. The collection was not on display that's why I asked if it was available. Beats me why they didn't have it on display, but they do have testers which I examined and swatched. You have all probably seen this elsewhere but I still wanted to take a picture:


Packaging - Love the packaging. It's so gorgeous! It's not pink but it's very feminine and sleek. The seahorse on top is so cute! The bright color of the packaging makes it stand out from the rest glosses I own. :3

Color - It's a medium milky pink with yellow undertones and a hint of shimmer. I think this would look good on anyone who has a fair to a light medium complexion.

The product itself - Is not as tacky as some high end lip glosses are but is still kind of sticky which I like because I think thicker/stickier/tackier lip glosses tend to last longer. Do not fret it's tolerable -it does not feel like having petroleum jelly smeared on the lips. :3 It is kind of milky.. Plus, the gloss is also very easy to spread. It does not crease nor emphasize lines on my dry lips.

Only a little of the product is needed achieve the desired effect because it's very pigmented.

As for the lasting/staying power, I think it performed quite well. It stays on for about 3-4 hours. But will fade if you eat with it on your lips.

Over all I am very satisfied with my purchase. ^____^ I don't think I can still repurchase it since it's LE(Limited Edition) and almost all the stocks have already been sold out. :/

Swatch without flash


 with flash

Below are 3 different photos with Splashing on my lips. I am providing 3 lip swatches so you ladies can have a better idea of what's it really like. Please do note that the lighting in the pictures may vary as I moved from one side of the room to the other when taking the pictures:







FOTD >.<

Face: Etude House Dr. Oil Solution Shine free dual primer, Revlon PhotoReady 004 Nude, MAC Studio Fix NC 30
Eyes: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow, Etude House Tear Drop Liner, Prestige Biggest Lashes in Black and Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Black
Lips: HNN in peppermint and MAC to the Beach Collection Lip glass in Splashing

xxx,
Sugar

6 comments:

Leenda said...

That lip gloss color is soo pretty! It looks great on you. =]

Kitten said...

Lovin the lipgloss on your lips, thanks for sharing ^_^

nisa said...

wow love the color ^^

Silver Strands said...

Such sweet colors Sugar!
oxoxo
Denalee

sugar sugar said...

Thank you for the lovely comments ladies. I agree it's a very pretty color. ^_^

sugar sugar said...

Thank you for the lovely comments ladies. I agree it's a very pretty color. ^_^

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3